- 5–8 volunteers/day
- Wed.–Sat.: 8:30am–4pm (full days only)
- Ages 18 and older; ages 16–17 must have their own parent/guardian building along with them
- No experience necessary
- Pack your lunch
- Wear sturdy boots/shoes, long pants, layers
- WATCH CONSTRUCTION SAFETY VIDEO HERE
We have two locations for you to choose from and lots of flexibility!
Chalfont store – Tues-Sat 9am-5pm
31 Oak Avenue
Langhorne store – Tues-Sat 10am-6pm
1337 E. Lincoln Highway (next to Marshalls)
- Ages 14-15 must be accompanied by their parent or guardian and all those under age 18 must have parent signature on our waiver and bring it on your first day. PRINT THE WAIVER
- Any 3 or more hour shift
- Special after school hours available for students
- Positions include heavy lifting and NO heavy lifting – be sure to specify your ability
- Wear CLOSED TOE shoes and long pants to protect skin
- WATCH RESTORE SAFETY VIDEO HERE
- Data entry, taking calls, updating databases, and organizing office files
- Photography and graphic design
- Blogging and other writing
- Share your gift…join the team!
- Applications accepted for our Chalfont and Langhorne ReStore locations
- CLICK HERE FOR COMMUNITY SERVICE APPLICATION INFORMATION
I’ve never held a hammer in my life; can I still work on a build site?
Yes! We provide the training you will need on site. No previous construction experience is required to volunteer with us. Please be aware that construction is a physically demanding activity.
How old do I have to be to work on a build site?
At our construction sites: Volunteers age 16-17 may build only with their parent/legal guardian building along with them and may not use power tools. Ages 18+ may volunteer independently. All volunteers under 18 must complete our online waiver and have a (paper) waiver signed by their parent/legal guardian. Please understand these are safety and insurance restrictions.
At our ReStore: Volunteers ages 14-15 may volunteer only with their parent volunteering and supervising them. Ages 16+ may volunteer independently. All volunteers under 18 must arrive with a waiver signed by their parent/legal guardian.
Where are your volunteer sites?
We are currently building two homes -one in Croydon and one in Levittown. We also have TWO ReStores: Chalfont and Langhorne. YOu don’t have to lift heavy items or swing a hammer to volunteer with us. We can find a good fit for you.
What days can I volunteer?
- Construction sites: Wednesday–Saturday
- ReStores: Tuesday–Saturday
- Offices: Monday-Friday
How do I sign up to volunteer as an individual?
How do I sign up a group?
We have different volunteer capacities (from 5-15) depending on the site and day of week. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your inquiry.
What should I wear?
- Closed toe, sturdy shoes or boots are required (construction and ReStores)
- Clothes you don’t mind getting dirty or ruined. No short shorts or tank tops.
What should I bring if I am a construction volunteer?
- Lunch, water bottle, sunscreen, hat
- Leave valuables at home – no storage on site
- Wear layers for weather changes
- Bring your own work gloves if you think they will fit better than ours
Are there other ways to volunteer that aren’t construction?
- Office: data entry, graphic design, social media
- Speaker’s Bureau: represent Habitat Bucks at tabling events
- Event photographers
- Lunch providers for construction teams.
Interested in any of these? Complete our online inquiry form
How do I get my volunteer hours verified?
Our cloud based volunteer system will offer you the ability to confirm hours for school or your own knowledge. Community Service hours that are court ordered are confirmed upon completion of the application and service. There is a specific procedure for all Community Service applicants. Click here for instructions.
How can I give my feedback?
We always welcome feedback. Please call us at 215-822-2812 x 313 or email us at email@example.com with any questions, concerns, or advice you may have about your volunteer experience.
Holy Family University has a campus chapter of Habitat. Students who want to volunteer can contact: Domenic Kenkelen at firstname.lastname@example.org