When you are looking for meaningful volunteer opportunities for yourself, your company, or your faith or social group, consider donating your time to Habitat for Humanity of Bucks County to make a difference in the lives of local families. Changing lives can include your own.
Group Volunteer Opportunities
Collectively, the efforts of many are stronger than the efforts of one, which is why volunteering at Habitat for Humanity appeals to groups of all sizes. We provide a fun, engaging group volunteer experience for companies, faith and social groups, sports teams, business partners, clubs, and more. It’s no problem if your group doesn’t have construction experience; we supply training on-site, and we also have other volunteer opportunities available in our offices and Restores.
Long-term Volunteer Opportunities
Some folks choose to take on a long-term role with Habitat for Humanity, many of whom were inspired to continue their experience with Habitat after a group volunteer event.
Get Involved Today
We are always seeking volunteers, but volunteering isn’t the only way to support Habitat for Humanity of Bucks County! You can donate your unwanted furniture and household goods to our ReStores or advocate for fair and just housing policies in Bucks County. Whatever way you’d like to help, call Habitat for Humanity of Bucks County at 215.822.2812 to learn more about individual and group volunteer opportunities.
Ready to sign up?
Complete our ADULT or YOUTH application by clicking on the orange boxes on the right >>>>>>>>>>>>>
We have two locations for you to choose from and lots of flexibility!
Chalfont store – Tues-Sat 9am-5pm
31 Oak Avenue, Chalfont, PA 18914
Langhorne store – Tues-Sat 10am-6pm
1337 E. Lincoln Highway (next to Marshalls)
- Ages 14-15 must be accompanied by their own parent or guardian and all those under age 18 must mail a paper waiver form (signed in two places by a parent) to our Chalfont offices at the address above PRINT THE WAIVER
- Any 3 or more hour shift
- Special after school hours available for students
- Positions include heavy lifting and NO heavy lifting – be sure to specify your ability
- Wear CLOSED TOE shoes and long pants to protect skin
- WATCH RESTORE SAFETY VIDEO HERE
- Applications accepted for our Chalfont and Langhorne ReStore locations
- COURT ORDERED COMMUNITY SERVICE APPLICATION
I’ve never held a hammer in my life; can I still work on a build site?
Yes! We provide the training you will need on site. No previous construction experience is required to volunteer with us. Please be aware that construction is a physically demanding activity.
How old do I have to be to work on a build site?
At our construction sites: Volunteers age 16-17 may build only with their own parent/legal guardian building along with them and may not use power tools. Ages 18+ may volunteer independently. All volunteers under 18 must complete our online waiver and mail a (paper) waiver signed by their parent/legal guardian to our Chalfont offices before volunteering. Please understand these are safety and insurance restrictions.
At our ReStore: Volunteers ages 14-15 may volunteer only with their own parent volunteering and supervising them. Ages 16+ may volunteer independently. All volunteers under 18 must arrive with a waiver signed by their parent/legal guardian mailed to our Chalfont offices in advance.
Where are your volunteer sites?
We are currently building two homes -one in Morrisville and one in Levittown. We also have TWO ReStores: Chalfont and Langhorne. You don’t have to lift heavy items or swing a hammer to volunteer with us. We can find a good fit for you.
What days can I volunteer?
- Construction sites: Wednesday–Saturday
- ReStores: Tuesday–Saturday
- Offices: Monday-Friday
How do I sign up to volunteer as an individual?
How do I sign up a group?
We have different volunteer capacities (from 5-15) depending on the site and day of week. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your inquiry.
What should I wear?
- Closed toe, sturdy shoes or boots are required (construction and ReStores)
- Clothes you don’t mind getting dirty or ruined. No short shorts or tank tops.
What should I bring if I am a construction volunteer?
- Lunch, water bottle, sunscreen, hat
- Leave valuables at home – no storage on site
- Wear layers for weather changes
- Bring your own work gloves if you think they will fit better than ours
Are there other ways to volunteer that aren’t construction?
- Office: data entry, graphic design, social media
- Speaker’s Bureau: represent Habitat Bucks at tabling events
- Event photographers
- Lunch providers for construction teams.
Interested in any of these? Complete our online inquiry form
How do I get my volunteer hours verified?
Our cloud based volunteer system will offer you the ability to confirm hours for school or your own knowledge. Community Service hours that are court ordered are confirmed upon completion of the application and service. There is a separate procedure for all Community Service applicants. No hours will count until your community service application is approved. Click here for instructions.
How can I give my feedback?
We always welcome feedback. Please call us at 215-822-2812 x 313 or email us at email@example.com with any questions, concerns, or advice you may have about your volunteer experience.
Holy Family University has a campus chapter of Habitat. Students who want to volunteer can contact: firstname.lastname@example.org