Home Repair Program
Home Repairs that are affordable!
Habitat for Humanity of Bucks County partners with homeowners to complete affordable interior and exterior home repairs and modifications that increase the safety, accessibility, condition and livability of the home.
Safe at Home
“Safe at Home” is our focus on providing home repairs for seniors and adults with disabilities so that they can remain safer in their homes. If you or someone you know needs assistance, please see our qualification income guidelines. Then contact Robin Peterson at 215-822-2812 x304 to review the application process.
How does it work?
- Homeowners complete an application
- Habitat Bucks will assist you to identify and prioritize what your eligible repairs are and estimate your repair costs.
- Professional construction staff, volunteers, and subcontractors make repairs to your home. Homeowners participate in the project as they are able (may be to provide a lunch).
What types of repairs can be done?
Exterior Repair and Modifications
- Roofs, windows, doors
- Porches and railings (fall prevention)
- Steps, access ramps and walkways (eliminate tripping hazards)
Interior Repairs and Modification
- Kitchens and bathrooms
- HVAC, plumbing and electrical components
- Floors, ceilings, walls, doors, grab bars, stair lifts and railings
Critical Repairs and Replacement
- Roofing, plumbing, electrical and HVAC compenent and systems
- Must own and live in a home in Bucks County that needs repairs
- Household gross income must be below 80% of the Bucks’ median family income
- Must be up-to-date on property taxes and mortgage
See below for additional resources for affordable home repairs.
How much does it cost?
- Homeowners pay only a part of the cost of materials and subcontractors, based on their income.
- Zero interest loans are available.
- Sponsor donations, grants and homeowners’ payments cover the cost of the project.
How do I apply?
If you have questions about the program or need assistance completing the application, please contact:
Robin Peterson Family Service Manager – Home Repair
Linnie now has safe access to her home with her new ramp!
Helping seniors with home repair helps keeps them safer at home.
Additional resources for affordable home repair in Bucks County:
- Bucks County Opportunity Council – Weatherization Program: Offers assistance with repairs and modifications to reduce high energy bills.
- Bucks County Redevelopment Authority – Home Rehab Program: Offers a zero interest loan for major home repairs, up to $15,000, to qualified Bucks County homeowners.
Major support provided by:
Commonwealth of PA DCED, Neighborhood Assistance Program, and Keystone Communities Program. Additional support provided by Janssen and QNB Bank.