If it’s time to downsize, declutter, replace household items or renovate, you can donate unwanted items to the Habitat for Humanity ReStores in Chalfont and Langhorne. From furniture, cabinets, appliances, and building supplies to home décor and electronics, the ReStores put your donated household goods to use and keep them out of the landfill.
Sometimes, clearing clutter out of a home can be overwhelming, especially when preparing for a move. Realtors should talk to clients about downsizing NOW, as the spring season begins; don’t wait until settlement or it may be too late.
“Local residents, businesses and developments can join our efforts to keep material out of landfills and support our commitment to the community by donating goods to our ReStores,” says B.J. Breish, ReStore Director. “The ReStore trucks are available to come to your location (FREE) but it’s best to make arrangements in advance.”
Among some of the items you can donate:
(For a complete list visit Habitatbucks.org/ReStore)
– Stoves, ovens, ranges, microwaves, small appliances, refrigerators, freezers, washing machines and clothes dryers
– Wood furniture, tables, sideboards, bookcases, sofas, chairs, desks, patio, and outdoor furniture
– Antiques and collectibles, china, glasses, decorative pillows, candleholders, vases, crystal, framed art, and picture frames
– Ceiling lights, pendant lights, wall mount lights, exterior lights, table, and floor lamps
– Bathroom vanities, medicine cabinets, sinks, toilets, shower stalls
– Area rugs, hardwood, vinyl, and ceramic flooring
– Outdoor furniture, lawn and garden tools, lawn mowers, power tools, and hand tools
To schedule a ReStore truck, call (215) 822-2708 x 1, or schedule online anytime at Habitatbucks.org/ReStore. ReStore donations have raised more than $200K to support the Habitat for Humanity mission. In 2017, the Bucks County ReStore’s diverted 2,450,000 pounds of material from landfills from the sales of their donated goods, and various recycling initiatives.
Don’t wait! Spring is here!