IRA Charitable Rollover
Many donors feel that the direct transfer of funds from an IRA is a great way to help families and make it a part of their legacy. Here’s how it works:
- You must be 70 ½ or older.
- An individual may transfer up to a total of $100,000 per year and a married couple may give up to $200,000.
- Your gift must be transferred directly from the IRA account to Habitat for Humanity of Bucks County.
- Your gift is a transfer of funds from your IRA to Habitat Bucks, so it does not create taxable income for you and is not considered a charitable tax deduction.
- The transfer of funds counts towards your annual required minimum distribution (RMD) from your IRA.
If you meet these requirements, consider making your annual gift to Habitat Bucks from your RMD, and enjoy the tax benefits. If you’re interested in this popular way to support Habitat, download this sample letter for your IRA administrator or contact Candace Clarke, resource development director at email@example.com